Saturday, March 5, 2011

JOHN GALLIANO APOLOGIZES

(Quien.com) Fashion designer John Galliano offered an apology for his behavior at a cafe in Paris, where anti-Semitic remarks offended a group of people. "I apologize for my behavior and accept all the accusations that have arisen against me," Galliano said in the document circulated to the media by the law firm Harbottle and Lewis. He added: "I take responsibility for the circumstances in which I met and for allowing me to be seen behaving in the worst ways." Recall that the Dior fashion designer fired after they broadcast a video in which the British praised Adolph Hitler. Galliano days before had been suspended by the fashion house because of an investigation of an alleged anti-Semitic incident occurred in a Paris cafe. The whole affair has raised different opinions, as the case of Oscar winner, Natalie Portman, who said in a statement to the New York Times he does not want to be connected with John Galliano, because you disagree with the statements of the designer. "As an individual proud of being Jewish, would I involve with Mr. Galliano in any way," Natalie told the U.S. daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment